Human Resources Professionals ensure that companies throughout the globe can recruit, train, compensate, and advance their most-precious assets: their employees. In the course of a successful human resources career, professionals wear a number of organizational hats. They work with managers to write precise job descriptions used in recruiting new workers. HR staffers participate in recruiting, placing ads, setting up interviews, screening applicants, and advising job candidates about company pay, vacations, health care benefits, investments, and retirement packages.
Key skills and personal qualifications you will need to work successfully in Human Resources include:
- Effective interpersonal skills so you can interact successfully.
- Knowledge of computers and information systems.
- Effective spoken and written communication.
- Comfort with diverse people who have various educational levels, cultural heritages, religious practices, ages, work experience, and opinions.
- Understanding of statistics and finance.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Able to set and accomplish goals and work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and fairness